Connecting IC Robotics to your Shopify solution is an easy three-step process.
1. Connect Shopify data to IC Robotics
In order to set up a connection between Shopify and IC Robotics, you will need to set up an app in Shopify. On your Settings page in Shopify or under Apps on the left-hand side panel in Shopify:
Create Shopify App
Watch the video here (57 seconds) or go through the guide below.
- Choose "Apps and sales channels".
- Click on "Develop apps" at the top, right corner.
- Click "Create an app".
- Give it a name and choose an app developer from within your company and click "Create app"
- In Configuration of Admin API Scopes, you will need to give read and write access to “Products” and "Product listings" and save it.
- In API Credentials, you can now install your app, which will give you the all-important API Access Token.
Keep in mind that you’ll only be able to reveal your API Access Token once.
👉🏼 Copy and save your API Access Token in a secure place.
Do you want dynamic updates based on inventory changes?
Give read access to "Inventory” for dynamic updates based on inventory changes.
Do you want collection texts too?
If you want to create collection texts, you will need to check Storefront API (at the "Configuration"-menu in your custom app) and allow read access to"Product listings" (unauthenticated_read_products_listings).
Now you have an API Access Token available, which you need in order to create the Shopify connector on the IC Robotics platform.
Create Connector in IC Robotics
- Go to Integrations (the burger on the left side of the Home page) and click the "+ Integration" to setup your integration.
- In the pop-up you will Choose Connector as the integration type, and then choose Shopify before clicking "Create".
- Now you will need to insert your API Access Token from your custom app into the form. The URL is your shop admin URL e.g. “ictesting.myshopify.com”.
- You will also have to insert yout API key from your custom app. You'll find at the same page as the Access Token (at "API Credentials").
- Lastly, You will need to decide if you use Shopify Markets.
Read more about Shopify Markets here.
ℹ️ Tip: You can always edit your integration settings.
You should now have access to all your product data in the IC Robotics app
2. Create and write your template
Now that you have created your Shopify connector, simply create a template and start writing your text. Your template section IDs must match the IDs of the Shopify fields you want to automate. You can find a list of your Shopify fields Id’s here under product properties.
The standard “Description” field in Shopify has the id “body_html” If you want to automate the “Description” field, you will need to name your template section “body_html”
ℹ️ Tip: Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to predefined templates.
3. Generate texts to Shopify
In order to generate your text for your products, you will need to Publish your Template and create a webhook. This is easily done on the IC Robotics platform:
- Go to Settings - API and create an API key. Copy the key to your clipboard.
For security reasons, your API Key is only visible in full at the time of creation.
- Now go back to your template and Publish it. You can now generate a webhook for your Publication. Simply click the webhook icon on your Publication and insert your API Key. Copy your webhook to clipboard
Now you only need to insert your webhook URL on your Shopify admin page:
- Go to Settings - Notifications.
- In the bottom section on the Notifications page, click Create webhook.
- Select an event for the webhook to trigger.
- We recommend that you create two webhooks with the Product update Event on one and Product creation Event.
You can use the same webhook URL for both Webhooks. (The URL you got from the IC Robotics platform)
- The format should be set to JSON and Webhook API version should be set to (Latest).
You are now ready to automatically generate your product descriptions.